Your Questions Answered
What level of experience do I need to attend one of your workshops?
What camera equipment should I bring?
How many participants will attend the workshop?
Will there be instruction?
What is a typical workshop day like?
Do you photograph during the workshop?
Can my non-photographing spouse or friend attend the workshop?
Do I have to rent a car?
Do I have to reserve my own hotel accommodations?
What does the workshop fee cover?
Can I bring photographs to review?
What type of correspondence should I expect to receive related to the workshop?
Once I receive your deposit I will send you:
- 1. A simple questionnaire to help me get to know you, your experience, and expectations for the workshop.
- 2. A simple medical information form that provides me and medical personnel with pertinent information such as allergies (food, medication, bees), dietary preferences, prescription medications, medical and emergency contacts. This information is voluntary and kept strictly confidential. The medical form is destroyed when the workshop is completed.
- 3. A liability release waiver. This waiver must be completed and received by Blue Planet Photography, LLC before or on the workshop start date or you cannot participate.
- 4. A suggested equipment list that includes camera gear, clothing, and other items you might consider for the particular workshop you"ll be attending and the time of year. If there are specific equipment or item needs, these will be listed. This is a suggested list and is not a requirement for you to purchase any equipment, clothing, or other items.
- 5. I will coordinate with you when, and if necessary or requested, arrival and departure times to and from the gateway city/airport for the workshop if you are participating in the on-site transportation. Airport pickups and drop offs will be arranged with all participants to ensure the most convenient process. If pickup and drop off arrangements can"t be made efficiently, participants will be required to find their own transportation to and from the airport and/or workshop location. If transportation is not provided, participants must arrange their own transportation to and from the workshop location and on site. Car pooling/ride sharing is encouraged to reduce the environmental impact as well as keep travel logistics under control. I will help as much as possible with ride share arrangements.
What is the payment process?
What is your refund policy?
All monies are non-refundable. Some portion of class and workshop deposits and fees is for non-refundable deposits and third party expenses related to the workshop, such as reservations (accommodations, classroom, equipment, car rental, etc.), permit and vendor fees, among others. If you cancel participation in a class or workshop, your remaining available registration balance, minus non-refundable fees, may be transferred toward registration in another Blue Planet Photography, LLC class or workshop under certain conditions. Transfer of fees to another class or workshop is not automatic and is decided solely by Blue Planet Photography, LLC. We reserve the right to transfer your fees to another class or workshop. Transferred funds must be applied to another class or workshop offered by Blue Planet Photography, LLC within 12 months of the start date of the original class or workshop. Participants transferring from another class or workshop will be registered for the alternate class or workshop if space permits. If you choose to attend a higher-priced class or workshop or if the fee has increased, the difference in price is the responsibility of the participant. Your registration is guaranteed only when we have payment in full. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. If a class or workshop is cancelled by us, you may receive a refund minus non-refundable expenses. Trip insurance is recommended to cover cancellation or disruption for any reason.
If Blue Planet Photography, LLC receives deposits that do not meet the minimum for a given class or workshop, participants who have paid their deposit will be notified and given the opportunity to continue with the class or workshop with an additional small group surcharge. The amount of the small group surcharge will be given as part of the notification.
Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
What if the class or workshop is cancelled?
Cancellations or rescheduling of classes or workshops on the part of Blue Planet Photography, LLC may be made resulting from certain foreboding circumstances beyond the control of Blue Planet Photography, LLC. We also retain the right to cancel or reschedule any class or workshop when inadequate enrollment makes the class or workshop economically unfeasible for our company. In those rare cases, particpants who have paid an initial deposit will be notified via email or phone after the deposit due date has passed. A full refund of the deposit, minus any non-refundable prepaid expenses related to the workshop or trip may be made by business check or applied to another class or workshop in the 12-month period following the original booking at the discretion of Blue Planet Photography, LLC. Blue Planet Photography, LLC will not be responsible for additional loss or expense incurred by the class or workshop participant and/or his or her non-photographing guests, such as airline tickets, airline cancellation fees, travel insurance, guide fees, and other related charges. Please be assured, however, that it is with the utmost consideration that Blue Planet Photography, LLC ever considers such cancellations.
Cancellations on the part of the participant must be made in writing or email and received by our office by US Mail, courier, or confirmed email unless otherwise stated in the class or workshop description. A phone call from the participant is also recommended to confirm receipt of his or her written cancellation. Travel, guide, and other transportation fees may not be refundable.
If a class participant needs to reschedule a session, a $90 rescheduling fee will be applied at the discretion of Blue Planet Photography, LLC.